From Platform to Policy: 2021 Health Care Agenda
PhRMA recently sponsored The Hill’s From Platform to Policy: 2021 Health Care Agenda event to discuss the future of health care in a new political climate. As a new Congress convenes, speakers including PhRMA President and CEO Stephen J. Ubl, Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and Rep. Lauren Underwood (D-IL) discussed how to ensure our health system is ready for the challenges of the present and future. They also addressed the latest around COVID-19, questions like what policies must be enacted to address racial health disparities and how can the public and private sectors work together to promote inclusion and better health outcomes for underserved communities.
December 9, 2020
- Stephen J. Ubl, President & CEO, PhRMA
- Watch interview here with The Hill’s Steve Clemons
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Member, HELP Committee
- Freda Lewis-Hall, Former Chief Patient Officer and Executive Vice President, Pfizer Inc.
- Kavita Patel, Nonresident Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Antonice Roy, Patient Perspective
- Carl Schmid, Executive Director, HIV + Hepatitis Policy Institute
- Rep. Lauren Underwood (D-IL), Co-Founder & Co-Chair, Black Maternal Health Caucus