Staff Accountant – Finance Department
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers (PhRMA) is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant in the Finance Department who will report to the Senior Director/Accounting.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for:
- Preparing monthly recurring and adjusting journal entries;
- Recording activity and reconciling investment accounts;
- Reconciling sweep bank accounts;
- Assisting with preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Assisting with annual audits and tax preparation including compiling client documents, preparing audit and tax schedules and other workpapers;
- Reviewing trial balance prior to monthly close;
- Reviewing monthly accounting package from International offices, recording monthly activity, reconciling cash accounts, assisting with any departmental reporting needs;
- Serving as the backup to the Contracts Director including review of daily A/R batches, PO conversion and other duties as necessary;
- Improving upon GL processes, procedures and data management systems and ensuring an optimal control environment;
- Utilizing constant quality improvement methods to streamline accounting systems to reduce administrative burdens while fully meeting all compliance requirements and proper accounting principles;
- Assisting with special projects and research compliance issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks an independent, proactive self-starter who has strong analytical skills paired with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the Administration department. The successful candidate for this role will have strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, be adaptable to changing priorities, and able to work effectively under pressure.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 3+ years of work-related experience;
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written;
- Demonstrated success as a team collaborator, motivated and self-directed;
- Strong analytic and accounting skills with a high demonstrated attention to detail critical;
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred;
- Non-profit experience preferred;
- D365 experience a plus.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.