Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Manager for its Advocacy and Strategic Alliances (ASA) team to support state-based alliance relationship development, consultant management, events, programs and activities. The Manager will support the development and implementation of strategies that impact the biopharmaceutical public policy debate through work with third party allies.
The Manager will report to the Vice President for State Alliance and will work closely with ASA federal and state staff and colleagues across PhRMA.
Specifically, the Manager will:
- Work with the ASA Federal field team to support state-based programs on federal legislative priorities, including the We Work for Health program and efforts around Medicare, importation, and other federal priorities.
- Manage coordination and reporting of state-based partner engagements including new relationship development, activations, events, briefings, letters, calls, and other activities.
- Support industry employee grassroots efforts to educate, engage and activate employees on key policy issues including state and federal legislation and direct voter initiatives.
- Work with the ASA State regional team to support management of PhRMA’s 50 state field-based consultant network.
- Align closely with other departments, including attending inter-departmental meetings and reporting back to the team, understanding advocacy goals/objectives, and responding to requests promptly.
- Lead large and small group meetings, give presentations on industry value, and develop long and short-term strategies and plans.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive, self-starter who is passionate about contributing to the healthcare challenges we face today. This is a visible position and is both internally and externally facing. Key success factors for this role include strong organization, collaboration and execution skills as well as a team focus. The preferred candidate will be skilled in event planning and grassroots communications. Candidate should be adaptable, agile, able to prioritize and shift gears quickly, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and be politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive and professionally mature.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; public policy, political science, public affairs or related
- 1-2 years of experience; political campaign, coalition development, public affairs and/or media relations experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Available to work after hours and on weekends
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $71.4 billion in 2017 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below: